The following article (hand dated Apr. 30, 1931) is from an unknown source and was found in the Clipping Files at the Lowell Public Library (LH--Buildings):
W.W. Bartz will open a grocery and market in his building on Mill street next Saturday. The building has been remodeled.
The following February 11, 1943, Lowell Tribune article was found on page 1, column 1:
W.W. BARTZ QUITTING BUSINESS AFTER 21 YEARS
W. W. Bartz, who has spent over 21 successful years in the grocery business in Lowell, announces this week that he is quitting, at least for the duration of the war and possibly longer, depending on post-war conditions.
Shortage of help, his own ill health from overwork, and all the natural obstacles due to the war were given as contributing factors in his decision to close out his store. His present plans are to sell out all remaining stock within the next two weeks.
Both Mr. and Mrs. Bartz wish to thanks everyone in Lowell and vicinity for their many years of continued patronage and splendid friendship. They will devote their future efforts entirely to their farm south of Lowell, near Thayer.