A copy of the following nidentified newspaper article was found in a scrapbook owned by Town Historian Richard Schmal:
Henry C. Taylor was born July 2, 1860, in West Creek Township, Lake County, Indiana, where he was reared to young manhood, living on the home farm until he was 21 years of age. He was married to Miss Ella Smith, of Sherburnbille. To this union was born two sons, Charles, of Center, Ind., and Guy, who is in France, being a soldier in the U.S. Army, three daughters, Mrs. Ethel Comer, of Kokomo, Ind., Mrs. Elisha Jerguson, of Sherburnville, and Miss Ella, of Muncie, Ind. Soon after he was married he moved to Lowell, where he went into the business of conducting a meat market. He was in business in Lowell for more than 20 years. During his business career in Lowell he gained the reputation of being an honest and upright man in all his dealings and it was a great loss to the town when he decided to go to Cedar Lake several years ago and enter business there. His wife passed away in 1898. Later he was united in marriage to Miss Bessie Driscoll, of Lowell. A few years ago he disposed of his business at Cedar Lake and located at Center, Ind., where he remained until a short time before his death. The people of Center held the same warm feeling toward Mr. Taylor as did the people of his home town and it will be a sad blow to them to hear of his death. He passed away at his home in Lowell, May 12, 1919, aged 58 years, 10 months, and 10 days.
The deceased was a member of the Masonic lodge and had attained the Royal Arch degree. He was a member of the Methodist church at Center.
He leaves to mourn him, his wife, two sons and three daughters, one sister, Mrs. Hayden, of Grant Park, half-brother, Jesse Gragg, of Colorado.
Funeral services were held at home on Wednesday, May 14th, at 1:30 p.m. and they were attended by a large number of his old friends and neighbors. Rev. C.A. Brown, pastor of the Lowell M.E. church preached the funeral sermon. Interment was made in the Lowell cemetery. Undertaker William Sheets had charge of the burial service. The music was furnished by Mrs. J.W. Belshaw and Mrs. E.N. Hayhurst.